Re: Classing changes

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: Classing changes
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:15:12 -0700
Loren Williams wrote:

> Woody Hair wrote:
>
> > Well the 6-cyl 3-series BMW sedans are in CSP.  Sometimes the SEB makes
> > no sense whatsoever.
>
> I wouldn't classify a 3-series BMW in the same league as a domestic
> front wheel drive V6 sedan.
>
> I think the Bimmer is another case of "where else would you class it?"
> It might not be competitive in CSP (but it might be...), but it's got
> far too much displacement for DSP, and it could very well be an overdog
> in ESP.  All this is theory on my part, but where SHOULD a Street
> Prepared 3-series BMW be classed?

        From what I've seen, it's not over or under classed in CSP. At least
the M3. The smaller 3-series cars I think may be cars without a class
right now, but the M3 is OK in CSP. I think it better fits the profile
of BSP though. And I thought that's where it was moved to in the new
restructuring.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/