Re: Evansville Nat Tour Course

To: priebe.4@osu.edu
Subject: Re: Evansville Nat Tour Course
From: Mtnman3620@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:03:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/99 8:40:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, priebe.4@osu.edu
writes:

<< If there was lots of going to the bottom of second
 gear and then up to the top of second gear than a powerful car would
 have had more advantage.>>

For us in GS, this was the case, at least for me.  I know, I'm generalizing
here...Point taken, anyway.

  <<The courses were always in the top half of
 second gear and third for some of us!!!>>

Wow...

<<So have to agree with Mark Sipe's conclusion of speed maintenance
 courses.>>

In light of this, I agree.

 <<There are a few reasons why AS MR2s don't go through turns as well.
 1) CS MR2s are around 200 lbs lighter
 2) weight is more balanced on NA then on turbo, I think a big key to NA
 MR2s>>

I have to agree (I didn't know this)...

<<3) AS cars have to run bigger sway bars to lay the power down which
 seems to make them push more through turns>>

Ok, point taken...

<<4) When you go into a turn faster, braking harder upsets the car more,
 which makes less potential for cornering G's.  The turbos would have to
 brake much harder than me going into all the fast turns where I could
 get a way with a dab of brake to settle the car and power through the
 turns. >>

I experienced the first statement fully on my 2nd run on Sunday (big
spin...)...

Thanks for the input.  I guess I wasn't accounting for the world of
difference there is between my car and MR2s(I've never done a run in a NA
MR2).  I'm learning more and more as I go along...My apologies to Mr Sipe if
I offended in the process of learning...  =^)

Daniel Ledford
99 Mitsu Eclipse GSX
#93 GS