Evansville Nat Tour Course

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Evansville Nat Tour Course
From: Brian Priebe <priebe.4@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 08:30:40 -0400
>So, why would an AS MR2 have to slow down more than a CS MR2?  I
understand
>the point about getting power down off the corner but that is not the
reason
>why the AS car should slow more during cornering...

The courses were fast throughout the whole run which makes them speed
maintenance courses.  If there was lots of going to the bottom of second
gear and then up to the top of second gear than a powerful car would
have had more advantage.  The courses were always in the top half of
second gear and third for some of us!!!
So have to agree with Mark Sipe's conclusion of speed maintenance
courses.

There are a few reasons why AS MR2s don't go through turns as well.

1) CS MR2s are around 200 lbs lighter
2) weight is more balanced on NA then on turbo, I think a big key to NA
MR2s
3) AS cars have to run bigger sway bars to lay the power down which
seems to make them push more through turns
4) When you go into a turn faster, braking harder upsets the car more,
which makes less potential for cornering G's.  The turbos would have to
brake much harder than me going into all the fast turns where I could
get a way with a dab of brake to settle the car and power through the
turns.
5) Carter was on a different brand of tires then me which I think the
tires I was on work better on asphalt than his.

Just some of my thoughts.

--Brian Priebe