Street Touring and tires

To: "\"Team.Net\"" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Touring and tires
From: "Dan Bettis" <140mhZ24@isoc.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 18:52:13 -0400
    Has any body ever kicked around the idea of a spec tire.  Like a
Yokohama A509 or similar tire.  Something that wears well, is cheap, good in
the rain on the street, and available in many sizes.  It seems like to run
ST you need some $200+ tires.  Maybe STU since it is unlimited should have a
prepared type rule allowing any tire and a certain size wheel.  No matter
what I hope these classes stay around.  I personally want to run STU next
year if I get my trans fixed, but I hate to put the car together then the
class end and I have to run E-Mod.

Dan Bettis
Predator Motorsports
92 Z24 24 STU best et 15.27@86.8mph   6.85 0-60