Re: Yokohama A032 tires? Toyos

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yokohama A032 tires? Toyos
From: "Dan Bettis" <140mhZ24@isoc.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:05:02 -0400
    I been driving on a free used set form a speenvison cup car I think
since February on my Z24.  Did a few hours at Putnam Park, even let a friend
use them on his Beretta for about a hour while I ran R1's.  Did a few auto
crosses.  I drove about 5,00 miles on them.  They were a little scary going
to Indy this week in the rain since they are bald.  I beat the crap out of
them on the street.  I still can not avoid that exit ramp grand prix which
they are great for.  I never had R1's have this long on the street and
racing on them.  I have not even rotated them yet.  I say get a set for fun,
but I would not expect to be very competitive on them unless you run a
sealed blacktop every weekend.  They are good to learn on and are very
forgiving (read many 80mph+ slides in both car wiht them) also.

Dan Bettis
Predator Motorsports
92 Z24 24 STU best et 15.27@86.8mph   6.85 0-60
84 Z28 24 CP   best et 13.74@99.45mph Darn header broke, Mr. Gasket sucks