Re: SST Proposal

To: <Gemery@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SST Proposal
From: "Scott Phelps" <scott_phelps@gdt1.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 13:39:12 -0400
>>> <Gemery@aol.com> 07/02/99 01:04PM writes:>>>

>Whoever came up with the 4-cyl, 6-cyl, 8-cyl weight table forgot that
>there are production 3-cyl & 5-cyl cars of recent vintage.  The 3-cyl
>cars even have turbo models and definitely weigh 1600-1950 lbs...
>I know it's a stretch that 3-cyl would be in the import drag scenario,
>but hell, there're some maniac Yugo draggers on the East Coast
>(1200 lbs?  Scott Phelps can help here) and I bet someone somewhere
>has a Turbo Sprint.  Are you gonna tell me that they can't compete
>in SST?  Or that a Prelude-powered '84-86 Honda CRX (definitely
>under 2000 lbs) can't run in SST?

Ah yes - the maniac by the name of Dave Benton, who also runs a yugo in DSP.
His drag car is something like 1347 lbs, with a full tank of gas. (3/4 gallon)
:^)

I like this SST thing, I think it would be a good way to increase exposure, and
include a very large segment of the auto world.

Scott Phelps
88 Yugo GVX EP