Re: SST Proposal

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SST Proposal
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:13:26 -0500
>Whoever came up with the 4-cyl, 6-cyl, 8-cyl weight table forgot that
>there are production 3-cyl & 5-cyl cars of recent vintage.  The 3-cyl
>cars even have turbo models and definitely weigh 1600-1950 lbs...
>I know it's a stretch that 3-cyl would be in the import drag scenario,
>but hell, there're some maniac Yugo draggers on the East Coast
>(1200 lbs?  Scott Phelps can help here) and I bet someone somewhere
>has a Turbo Sprint.  Are you gonna tell me that they can't compete
>in SST?  Or that a Prelude-powered '84-86 Honda CRX (definitely
>under 2000 lbs) can't run in SST?
==========================
And don't forget the AWD turbo 5 cylinder Audi 4000 cars.  With a
completely stock motor, and yes I do mean completely factory box-stock,
you can more than double the boost (with an intercooler of course) from
the turbo and have one hell of a mean AWD machine.  They're not that
heavy either, about 3000 pounds.

Oh yeah, and for Richards' benefit: KumhoKumhoKumho  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."