Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?

To: "Ryan Kovacs" <stang93@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:06:52 -0700
>I just ran an event in Atlanta this past weekend, in a field of six (ESP) I
>came in first on Toyo RA-1's, my competor also on RA-1's and 3 seconds
>behind in third on BFG's.  It was also raining the whole day.  This is the
>first time he has ran Toyo's and we were discussing among ourselves that we
>think the tires are very good in the rain.  I couldn't believe my times,
>that was my first race in 8 or 9 months and I took first by 7 tenths.  I am
>very happy with mine.
===========================
Yes, with full tread the Toyos are EXCELLENT in the rain.  From what I've
heard I believe that they're almost as good as the Hoosier Dirt Stockers.
And cheaper too.  They are also quite possibly the best (full tread) R tire
for standing water racing conditions since they actually have a water
dissipating tread design like street tires.

My next set of tires will be Kumhos though.  Just to try a "faster" tire.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."