Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?
From: Ryan Kovacs <stang93@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 21:25:49 -0400
I just ran an event in Atlanta this past weekend, in a field of six (ESP) I
came in first on Toyo RA-1's, my competor also on RA-1's and 3 seconds
behind in third on BFG's.  It was also raining the whole day.  This is the
first time he has ran Toyo's and we were discussing among ourselves that we
think the tires are very good in the rain.  I couldn't believe my times,
that was my first race in 8 or 9 months and I took first by 7 tenths.  I am
very happy with mine.

>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:24:22 -0700
>From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
>Subject: Re: tires again!!!! Toyo RA-1?
>

>Let's not put the RA-1 in the same league as the Hoosier, G-Force, or V700.
>They may be sticky for what they are but a competitive autox tire they are
not.
>You are 100% right in that you must take recommendations with a grain of salt
>for the "Big 3" and it is true that certain tires work better with certain
>platforms.
>
>AB

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe"
'93 Mustang LX #93 ESP