Re: Grid Routines

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grid Routines
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:48:42 -0700
>Here's my routine when getting into the car on grid at an autocross:
>
>1. Get in the car.
>2. Strap myself in (5 point harness).
>3. Realize the keys to the car are in my front pocket.
>4. Unstrap.

<SNIP>
>39. Strap myself in.
>40. The guy next to me must be dead 'cuz I can't see him sitting up in the
>car anymore.
=============================
You forgot a couple of steps.

Strap yourself in.
Realize that you forgot to move your seat forward to your race position.
Unstrap yourself.
Move seat forward.
Strap yourself in.
Realize that when you moved the seat forward you somehow knocked the keys
out of the ignition with your big-ass knees.
Unstrap.
Move seat back.
Pick up keys.
Strap in.
The seat's still back.
Unstrap.
Move seat.
Strap in again.
Put keys in ignition.
Get helmet and sunglasses on.
Whew, finally ready.
Good, two more cars and it's my turn.
Look in rearview mirror and see that the trunk lid's still open.
Damn.
Let out clutch in grid line rather quickly hoping that the trunk lid will
close.
Now what's that sharp thing in my front pocket that's poking me mercilessly?

Not that I've done this before.   ;^)

Thanks for the laugh.  But I'm laughing WITH you, not at you.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."