Re: Power steering Fluid for GM?

To: Rex Weatherford <rweatherford@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Power steering Fluid for GM?
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:25:23 -0700 (MST)
At 8:28 PM 7/1/99, Rex Weatherford wrote:
>I have heard that many GM cars suffer from PS pumps not being able to
>keep up with the drivers when auto-xing.  I found this to be the case on
>a tight course this weekend and also blew a HP hose.
>
>I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for different fluids that
>help this problem.
>I know it also happens to Corvette's and the like...

a car with that many miles may not have blown the hose due to the ps fluid ...

However, the BEST I have found is a synthetic power steering fluid made by
a company in CA that builds ps pumps and boxes for the short track racers
and NASCAR folks. Lee Manufacturing is their name and they will UPS you
their fluid.

818-768-0371, CA

The key for certain plastic 2 passenger GM cars in avoiding pump failure is
to replace and renew the fluid frequently

Once replaced, I simply suck out the old (4 autox events) fluid with a
turkey baster from the ps resevoir and refill with new fluid.

Simple, yes?

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing