Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:54:22 -0800
Let me add my own 2 cents worth, running a turbocharged Ford Mustang SVO
that weighs about 3000 pounds on street tires/wheels and has cockpit
adjustable boost of between 10 and 15 psi or so (don't worry, guys, it's a
standard feature on the SVO).

I personally find the higher boost setting to be too much for me and this
oversteering car (I realize that the V8 Mustang's are better known for
understeering) with factory bars.  I wouldn't know what to do with more
maximum boost than the 15 to 18 psi it's capable of, and often run at the
lower 10-12 psi setting for control in the corners.

So I'd have to agree with this post -- here's a case where the other car
prep, and a driver's skill, are going to make more difference than boost
levels, IMHO.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, CA