Re: SP rules on catalytic converters

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP rules on catalytic converters
From: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:52:53 -0500
>richj50@bit-net.com wrote:
>
>> Why should removing the cat be legal in SP for any car, turbo or normally
>> aspirated?

Hummm. Since some states do not do emissions and others do, it's gonna
be hard to blanket the entire group with "Your vehicle must pass emissions
as based on registration". The only alternative was to all them to be
removed for "all" vehicles. Remember, ITGT and other IT cars fall into
SP. I would like to see SCCA mandate the Catalytics for SP cars since
the cars are suppost to be "Street" Prepared but I understand the ruling.

As to the Cats, 'parts' of Florida require them for emissions while other
counties in Florida do not do testing (and therefor do not really care
if you have tied 2 kittens to the exhaust pipe <KIDDING!>).

>A4autox@aol.com wrote:
>  Curt (if dolphins are so smart, why do they live in iglo's) Ormiston

Personally, It's all a bunch of tree huggin hippy crap. And if Dolphins
are so smart, how come they keep getting caught in those nets?? <Long
live SouthPark!>

Carl
                        --- Home Page of ---
 - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale
 - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://carlc.bocanet.com
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                   *** South Park Racing ***
          Oh my God! You've killed a CONE... You B*st*rd!