Re: Wheel size Rant (Cynical)

To: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel size Rant (Cynical)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:38:47 -0600
Jamie Sculerati wrote:

> > I say looks like a duck, walks like a duck, its a stock wheel.  They even
> > have HONDA wheel centers but NO not stock.
>
> I've gotten aftermarket wheels with Honda wheel centers before, so that's
> no help.  But if you can find a Honda stamping on the wheel, or find it in
> the factory parts book, I think you'd have a case for calling a stock
> wheel.  Worth a look....

Sorry, I must have missed the point here.  Are you saying that because
they are stock Honda wheels that you should be able to use them even
though they are wider than factory?  The rule states that you must run
sizes that were available from the factory.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't
say your wheels must be stock.  I can talk my dealer into putting a lot
of "stock options" on my car too, but it isn't the same thing.  If that
was the case, I would have 18" wheels and.......oops, scratch that.
Make them 17".  (Thanks SBW!)   :)
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese