Re: Wheel size Rant (Cynical)

To: Jamie or Trisha Ridenour <ridenour@perigee.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel size Rant (Cynical)
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:11:23 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Jamie or Trisha Ridenour wrote:

> Last year when I asked if I could run my wheels that were picked from a
> HONDA brochure on a stand in the HONDA dealership in stock class I was told
> no.  Why because they were 0.5" wider (5.5") than the steel wheels (5") the
> factory put on, same diameter just wider.  Everyone who walked into a Honda
> dealership that year had a shot to buy them but they're "dealer installed"
> options so no go in stock.
>
> I say looks like a duck, walks like a duck, its a stock wheel.  They even
> have HONDA wheel centers but NO not stock.

I've gotten aftermarket wheels with Honda wheel centers before, so that's
no help.  But if you can find a Honda stamping on the wheel, or find it in
the factory parts book, I think you'd have a case for calling a stock
wheel.  Worth a look....

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr/