Wheel size Rant (Cynical)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel size Rant (Cynical)
From: Jamie or Trisha Ridenour <ridenour@perigee.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:06:49 -0600
Last year when I asked if I could run my wheels that were picked from a
HONDA brochure on a stand in the HONDA dealership in stock class I was told
no.  Why because they were 0.5" wider (5.5") than the steel wheels (5") the
factory put on, same diameter just wider.  Everyone who walked into a Honda
dealership that year had a shot to buy them but they're "dealer installed"
options so no go in stock.

I say looks like a duck, walks like a duck, its a stock wheel.  They even
have HONDA wheel centers but NO not stock.

All that to say; SBW I feel your pain but many many other cars suffer under
the SII rules and can't get a change.  The local won't except the rule like
my previous region did either.

BTW I think a Corvette guy ought to be real careful who he calls porky (see
previous SBW porsche reference).

Jamie FAT WHEEL Ridenour
mailto:ridenour@perigee.net