Re: S2000 Class (was Ringers?)

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: S2000 Class (was Ringers?)
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:55:32 EST
In a message dated 1/11/99 9:51:30 PM Central Standard Time,
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

> While I agree with all of your other points, and that at this point more
>  people would be served by putting the car in SS, I take issue with the
above
>  statement.  This was true when comparing '86 Civic Si's to other cars of
its
>  day, but not really true of most of Honda's current offerings.  No one has
>  mentioned spring rates and suspension adjustability, which I predict will
be
>  too soft, and non- in that order...  I think that will hamper the car some.
>  Don't be too hasty in classing the car.

I think you have to fall back on Andy's original post; it's all speculation at
this time.  I also think that Andy's personal feeling that it initially
appears to be a SS vehicle has to do with the S2000's purported mid-13 second
1/4 mile time.  It may not have a lot of torque, but a really low rear gear
and a close ratio 6 speed with a seasoned shift-capable driver could have a go
at it.  However, if it does get put in AS I say bring it on.

Mark Sipe