'93 RX-7 Front Sway Bar Survey & other stuff

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: '93 RX-7 Front Sway Bar Survey & other stuff
From: "Su Brude" <sbrude@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:44:54 -0700
Well, I promised myself if I didn't buy any more cars (for a month or 2) I
could get a new front sway bar for my 93 RX-7.  We'll I think I am ready for
the dive.

Here are the specs of my RX (prescription for an empty checkbook).
    '93 RX touring package -> R1 conversion
    GAB Supers (non-R; 8 way)
    Last year on Hoosiers, this year Hoosiers or Kumhos
    -2 degrees of camber all around
    no toe in / toe out

In the fight last year to get rid of the oversteer, I set the front struts
on 8 & the rears on 3.  This resulted in a couple of side effects.  1st side
effect was that if the tires really hooked up (on Hoosiers, that would be
the first day of use) I would pick up the inside rear tire on decreasing
radius corners.  The other side effect(s) I think where combined, if the
tires where not hooking up (slightly slick surfaces) the car would push on
tight corners or (on sticky surfaces) I could see the hood flexing under the
load.

What types of sway bars have you all used & how did they change your car.

Side note: what alignments have been used for Hoosiers, for Kumhos, & what
should I expect the first time out on the Kumhos?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Su Brude
sbrude@email.msn.com
Texas Region SCCA