Re: RX-7 TT Hoses

To: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Subject: Re: RX-7 TT Hoses
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 13:54:22 -0700
Karl Witt wrote:

> On or about 12:07 PM 1/8/1999 -0700, Joshua Hadler did say:
>
> I concede on the should be legal but isn't bit. Slippery slope, yadda
> yadda, you have a point.

That's unfortunately the way the prevailing wind is blowing...

> >> But, we're talking about the price of GLUE here. No parts are being
> >> replaced. The analogy to retorquing bolts is very fitting here.
> >
> >No, tightening down on an existing hose clamp yes, but gluing a part
> >that was never glued by the factory is not legal. Does that mean that
>
> But it's not doing anything more than keeping said hose where they intended
> it to be in the first place. Under this reasoning, using loctite to keep
> any bolt on the car from backing out is illegal as well. And i know what
> you're going to say...under my reasoning, SFCs should be legal in SP
> because they're just keeping the subframes where the factory intended them
> in the first place. And, to that I say: you're right! let's start an SFC
> petition! ;) ;)

Aww... now ya done it! Ya done gone an made mention that SFC thang
again. Now we're both gonna be in trouble. I'm gettin' outa here! .... :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/