Re: CM FF Questions

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CM FF Questions
From: Tom Tweed <ttweed@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:03:11 -0700
At 07:20 PM 3/19/2007 -0700, Craig Henry wrote:

>I need to meet a local 95db sound reading (I don't
>remember the distance.)  Both S2's I ran would be at
>94db with a 24" "open" Supertrapp (I had to bolt on
>about 12 discs if the wind was blowing the wrong way
>at times.)  Any recommendations as to what I can get
>away with on a FF?

I was able to pass sound in my Zink FF at Qualcomm stadium (which is 93db @
50') with just a Phase 9 muffler from Pete Weber at Quiet
Horsepower/Beadform installed.  Check them at:
http://www.beadform.com/quiet.html

>Shocks:
>
>Any "budget" autocross options I should look into
>before rebuilding the old Koni's?

You might look at the QA1 catalog at http://www.qa1.net/.  They have some
reasonable prices on aluminum-bodied coilovers.  I used their Proma Star
single adjustables on a D-Mod Lotus 7 clone and was happy with them.
They're heavy into the roundy-round and drag racing stuff, but have some
shocks suitable for formula and sportsracing cars. They recently bought out
Carrera shocks as well.

YMMV,
TT
Tom Tweed               mailto:ttweed@san.rr.com
La Jolla, CA
http://members.rennlist.com/tweedt
Porschelist and Rennlist Founding Member