Re: CM FF Questions

To: "Craig Henry" <tiga_s2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: CM FF Questions
From: "Tyson Sawyer" <tyson@j3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:06:06 -0400
On 3/19/07, Craig Henry <tiga_s2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I've decided to keep the RF92 I picked up last summer
> and give it a go in CM (It's together... more than I
> can say for the Tiga.)  Both the driver and car need a
> little work.  New job permitting, I should get it out
> this year and make you all look good.
>

> Muffler:
>
> I need to meet a local 95db sound reading (I don't
> remember the distance.)  Both S2's I ran would be at
> 94db with a 24" "open" Supertrapp (I had to bolt on
> about 12 discs if the wind was blowing the wrong way
> at times.)  Any recommendations as to what I can get
> away with on a FF?

Locally, we have a sound limit of 90db at 75 feet.  I've been using a
large Flow Master chosen  to have the right size inlet.  The dyno says
that it loses NO power with the Flow Master.  In fact, on a cold day,
it makes more power with the muffler due to running a tiny bit lean
without it.  The only reasons to ever take it off are that it is some
weight on the tail and up high, and it is illegal due to exhaust
length.  So, where the exhaust rules are enforced, I've been required
to be unnecessarily loud.

> Tires:
>
> Any thoughts with respect to running the 7" vs. 6"
> wide Hoosier fronts?  I was planning to buy the 7"...

7"

> Shocks:
>
> Any "budget" autocross options I should look into
> before rebuilding the old Koni's?

Dunno.

> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Craig

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent
of many bad measures.   - Daniel Webster