Re: Clutch Replacement

To: cmathews3@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Replacement
From: Don55CM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:24:05 EDT
In a message dated 9/28/2004 6:52:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmathews3@mchsi.com writes:

What  brand of clutch do you use?  I get about one season out of my
clutch  plate. It is a AP clutch.  I believe that most use the Tilton  clutch.

My car came with a Quartermaster clutch, and I buy the standard  7/8" spline
plates from Taylor.  I've had it resurfaced twice in the  last six years, the
last time only because I was having the flywheel  lightened.

Somebody else mentioned the clutch being an on-off switch; the Reynard was
like that when I got it.  I swapped the 0.750" m/c for a smaller one, and  now
it's easy to feather the clutch.

Don