Re: Clutch Replacement

To: Alex Chiu <Alex_Chiu@pmc-sierra.com>, autox-cm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Replacement
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:51:18 -0400
At 05:16 PM 9/20/2004, Alex Chiu wrote:
>First off, congratulations to Andy Aust for his CM victory.  Now that
>everyone should be safely back from Nationals, are there any stories you
>would like to share with the ones who could not make it to the big show.
>
>Secondly, I was wondering how often do you guys have to replace clutches.
>I have the Tilton F3 clutch in the Swift and it's been through 3 seasons
>with 2 drivers.  The nature of our courses in Vancouver are also such that
>you are doing hard launches in concrete.
>
>Thanks,
>Alex

Alex,

Since it appears no one has responded regarding the clutch question:

My clutch wear has been minimal but so has the amount of "abuse". That
said, it is probably time to check clutch disk wear, pressure plate wear
(including flatness), and flywheel condition. Maybe have a new disk
available in case it is worn enough to replace.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF