Re: Clutch Replacement

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Replacement
From: Jim and Rose Ann <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:33:33 -0400
Dick Rasmussen wrote:

> At 05:16 PM 9/20/20
> Since it appears no one has responded regarding the clutch question:  ....

Sorry about that.   I thought I replied a while ago but it must not have
gone through.  What I wrote was that I used the F3 clutch in my prior FF
and I was not happy with it.  The thing is an on/off switch in
paddock.   On the course it didn't matter because I never used the
clutch.  Theoretically it is less weight for the engine to move but I
doubt we'd feel it on an autocross course.   With my current FF I use a
stock clutch.  Last year I had a throwout bearing problem.   I got a
good look at the clutch.   I would guess this clutch had been in the car
for at least 12 years (since Peter Raymond acquired it) and it looked
well worn but not in need of replacement.  I replaced it anyway but it
was only because everything was easy to access at that point.

Jim