Update & New Question: LD20 Brake Pad Options?

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Update & New Question: LD20 Brake Pad Options?
From: Craig Henry <tiga_s2@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:12:07 -0700 (PDT)
Gary, Dick and Sam,

Appreciate all the help and advice.

Sam, I always screw up the ICP's letters.  Yes,
Richard and Steve's company.

Gary, your testing assessments are exactly what I was
looking for (and the results are what I would have
expected.)  Scared myself with the original Hawk Black
pads on my very first run with the car on a cold (38
degree) early May morning several years back.  Didn't
improve much with better weather in June so I put in
the HPS pads and they worked great.

Dick, I had called Essex yesterday and they didnt
have any HPS pads.  They sold their dusty (2) set off
their "clearance rack" several weeks back for less
than $30.00/set!  I called them back this morning and
asked them to check again and they offered up set of
in stock HP Plus pads for $56.00 so I purchased them.

New Question:

Mini Mania has one set of HPS pads in stock ready to
ship (for $20.00 over list price) and both Essex and
Pegasus have offered to get a another set of HP Plus
pads for me from Hawk.  Am I better off running HP
Plus pads all around or going with HP Plus pads on the
fronts and HPS pads on the rear?

Trivia:

LD20's (or pad equivalents) were used on the original
Mini Cooper "S" model.  No luck finding "stock" pads
(the internet is too polluted with new mini parts.)

Thanks again.

Craig