LD20 Brake Pad Options?

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: LD20 Brake Pad Options?
From: Craig Henry <tiga_s2@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:02:02 -0700 (PDT)
I purchased (4) new IPC calipers but not before
verifying I could get Hawk HPS pads for them (takes
std. LD20 pads.)  Unfortunately, my 3-month old
backorder (was told it would take 2 weeks max.) came
up empty today.  Hawk discontinued making the LD20 HPS
pad and isnt interested in making (2) more sets for
me (took six months to get them for the original
LD65's several years back.)  I have been
calling/searching for some dusty HPS pads sitting on
some supplier's shelf all day but only found one set.
Also, no street pad cross-reference for the LD20
(looks like it was only used in racing applications)
and the Hawk HP Plus compound is theoretically
available but no one can get them (I didn't like the
Hawk black pads that came with the car.)

Any recommendations on other brands for autocross use
(assuming I can find a set that will fit)?  I tend to
like a street compounds, as the race compounds don't
work well until they get very hot.  Running a 60
second autocross never even got them warm.  Wilwood
has a new PolyMatrix "E" compound pad for the LD19 and
LD20 calipers and the specs look good for
autocrossing.  Anyone try them?

Two steps forward and three back...

Thanks for the help.

Craig