Re: LD20 Brake Pad Options?

To: Craig Henry <tiga_s2@yahoo.com>, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LD20 Brake Pad Options?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:16:19 -0400
Craig,

Did you try Essex near Atlanta? http://www.essexparts.com  They are a Hawk
distributor. Call since the catalog probably isn't up to date.

Are HP plus pads available? I used them for my LD 19's and found them a
little too aggressive for my taste on a FF but they did work cold. By the
time I wear out my current HPS set I'll probably be so old and weak that
the used set of HP pluses will be perfect:-)

Also, Carbotech Engineering will make custom
pads.  http://www.carbotecheng.com/ They used to use Hawk compounds and
probably can give good advice regarding what street material is closest to HPS.

When I first got my car Essex recommended a Mintex street material which
worked well . . . until the pads wore out and the material was no longer
available. However, maybe Mintex has a current street material in your size.

Keep us informed.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF