Re: [Alpines] Dual webers

To: ?auri Lehtinen <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Dual webers
From: tom.hill@att.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:44:07 +0000
Hi Lauri,

Since the Holbay manifold was used on the Arrow body Alpine, the carbs will
actually point downward when installed on a Series Alpine.  It has straight
runners and, on a lefthand drive Alpine, it difficult to use because of the
brake master cylinder.  I have one that was cut and rewelded to provide a 5 deg
upward angle for the carbs.  I was using a Wilwood master cylinder and it
barely fit.  I removed and reinstalled the engine and it would no longer fit.
The real interference point was the steering box.  I made some spacers to go
under the motor and transmission mounts to lift the engine slightly and it
still wouldn't fit.  I ended up getting the Redline manifold intended for the
Series Alpine and having the intake runners welded up to match the Holbay head.

You can see some pictures of when it did fit at
http://www.tomhill.freeservers.com/photo4.html

Tom Hill
-------------- Original message from ?auri Lehtinen
<lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>: --------------