Re: [Alpines] welding manifold

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Alpines] welding manifold
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 05:47:51 EDT
For what it's worth, I run my SIII with a Webber 28/32 DCD, which is a twin
choke, progressive downdraft, and bolts straight on in place of the original
Solex.
I believe that, again the 28/32 designates the throttle sizes. The
progressive part is such that the larger throttle starts to open when the main
throttle
is 75% open, and catches up, so they are both fully open at full throttle.

The performance is excellent, and I believe better than the twin-Stromberg
option, which I found a bit of a pain to keep tuned due to the steep angle of
the carbs/manifold. Also, my car is a leftie, so all sorts of bits get in the
way of the Stromberg setup.

Julian.