three claw part retriever

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: three claw part retriever
From: Fred Levit <fle426@northwestern.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:56:37 -0500
Can anyone help me find a source for this tool? It is called a three claw
part retriever and it is found these days, as far as I can tell, only in
the small tool kits sold for use on computers. It is, however, a very
useful  tool when working on small things like ammeters, speedometers and
tachometers, radios and the like.

It is yellow plastic, about 5 inches long and looks a bit like a ball point
pen. When the top is pressed three thin spring claws emerge from the
bottom. They can be used to pick up dropped screws, nuts, etc and also can
be used to hold machine screws to start them in their holes or to hold a
nut against a screw while the screw is started.

Large versions of the tool, 24 inches long or so, are easy to find and you
probably own one. But, as I said, I cannot find a source for the small one
and would like to buy several.

Here is a link to a page showing the tool in a kit.

http://www.vikingop.com/(wmivwz45hnyak0jnszjgeey1)/catalogFamily.aspx?ID=6040288&LEVEL=FM&xref1=SDQAAG&xref2=compaccess

Thanks
Fred Levit
Fred Levit