Re: three claw part retriever

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: three claw part retriever
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:43:33 -0400
Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Fri, 04 Jul 2003, Fred Levit (fle426@northwestern.edu)
wrote:

>..... turned it up as an X-acto tool available from a site
called
> modeltools at about $6.00 each.
>
> I think it is a little over priced, but so useful that it is
worth the
> money.

This tool is also included in a small Belkin computer tool kit
that several of the office and computer store chains
occasionally sell with a 100% rebate.  The one I have was
recently advertised at OfficeMax for something like $8.00 with
$8.00 rebate.

In fairness to Hunt/X-Acto, their tool is not the yellow plastic
version that typically comes in the kits; so they may have a
more robust build quality.   Don't know... and the kit  variety
seems to work good enough.

Did run across an interesting link while looking for a price on
the X-Acto tool for Fred.  Don't know anything about the outfit
(Widget Supply), but found their on-line catalog to be a great
resource for identifying the sorts of niche hobby tools that are
available.  The link to their X-Acto line is at:

http://www.widgetsupply.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=x-acto

Regards,  Bob Douglas