Re: Removal of Steering Swing Lever

To: "Bob Hamilton" <hamilton@accesswave.ca>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removal of Steering Swing Lever
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@lightbound.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:01:57 -0500
Bob, I have always called them pitman arms, but I thought I would use the
language of the breed.  I have tried using a gear puller, but there is
insufficient clearance between the arm and the frame.  Do you remove the
gear box prior to using the puller, or do I simply need a smaller puller?
PApple16 says to use a 2 jaw puller with bolts between the arms to lock it
onto the lever.  Is that what you use?  I don't think I have ever seen such
a critter.  But, as they say, there is a first time for everything.
Bill