Re: Removal of Steering Pitman Arm

To: Bill Blue <dablue@lightbound.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removal of Steering Pitman Arm
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:33:34 -0300
Hi Bill,

I am not going to be much help here as I can only relate to the Sunbeam
Talbots and the arm is readily accessible on them. Yes, I have seen a gear
puller used but forget how they kept the arms of the puller against  the
Pitman Arm. A hose clamp would likely do the job. Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Bob

At 09:01 PM 29/06/2003 -0500, Bill Blue wrote:
>Bob, I have always called them pitman arms, but I thought I would use the
>language of the breed.  I have tried using a gear puller, but there is
>insufficient clearance between the arm and the frame.  Do you remove the
>gear box prior to using the puller, or do I simply need a smaller puller?
>PApple16 says to use a 2 jaw puller with bolts between the arms to lock it
>onto the lever.  Is that what you use?  I don't think I have ever seen such
>a critter.  But, as they say, there is a first time for everything.
>Bill

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net