Re: Removal of Steering Swing Lever

To: Bill Blue <dablue@lightbound.com>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removal of Steering Swing Lever
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:33:25 -0300
Hi Bill,

I guess what you are calling a swing lever is really called a Pitman Arm
and it is a cone fit so just a proper sized gear puller should do the
trick. Use lots of penetrating fluid as well and perhaps a whack or two
with a hammer on the side of the Pitman arm with the puller under tension
will usually loosen it.

Regards,
Bob

At 02:50 PM 6/29/2003 -0500, Bill Blue wrote:
>What kind of tool is used to separate the swing lever from the steering box?
>The book I have says to use an extractor tool RG. 198D, whatever the H that
>is.  I am using a pickle fork and not having much success.  I don't want to
>get brutal and ruin things only to find I am using the wrong type of tool.
>Bill

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net