Re: Timing chain rattle

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing chain rattle
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:37:47 EST
In a message dated 2/24/02 2:11:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, bwana@c2i2.com
writes:

<< The chain kit from Victoria British is cheap enough. Lou >>

The price is right, but make sure you receive the right part.  I ordered the
same chain kit several years ago but didn't need to install it for another
year.  Turned out the package contained the wrong chain (actually a Triumph
part), and since it had been over a year, no refund or exchange from VB.

Dick Sanders
Seattle

P.S. Is VB still selling the Alpine lifters with the little chip missing out
of each one?
The price seemed right here too, but I still don't know if the chips indicate
a defective or weak batch, or if they could possibly score the lifter holes.