Re: Questions on PCV Parts

To: humbersnipe@cox.net
Subject: Re: Questions on PCV Parts
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:17:29 -0500
Thanks, Jon.. yes, that's what I found too. I even located one that *looked*
nearly identical.. but as you say, it passed air when closed and I never was
able to get my carbs sorted that way.  This item is so simple and
theoretically fairly easy to remanufacture, but I suspect with all the SV
cars that have had their intakes modified (webers, etc.) and the few Alpines
that actually came with Stromberg CD's in the first place that the potential
market is desperately limited.

Years ago I obtained two PCV's and managed to swap bits and make a single
good one, but after many, many miles my 'rebuilt' PCV is once more seeping
air. I guess I'll take it apart and sand the closure plate flat again!

Regards,
Kevin