Re: Formula 1 GPs - nil alpine content

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Formula 1 GPs - nil alpine content
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:01:32 EST
Speed Channel will still have 24/7 to fill.  Even NASCAR can't do that by
itself.  So far, it sounds like only a few marginal shows are being canceled.
I believe I read they'll be starting to carry some CART races live.  I don't
want to see the saloon car races disappear either.  On a good twisty course,
that's REAL racing!

And, of course the Legends of Motorsports is irreplaceable as the only place
you'll regularly see Sunbeams on the tube, aside from Get Smart.

If Speed Vision was carrying F1 before, I'll bet Speed Channel will continue
it.

Dick Sanders
Seattle

(Here in Seattle, near the Great White North, we get the benefit of a
Canadian cable channel. F1 races are often shown delayed on the same evening.)

In a message dated 2/13/02 7:59:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,