RE: Formula 1 GPs - nil alpine content

To: "Alpine List (E-mail)" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Formula 1 GPs - nil alpine content
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:23:48 -0500
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates this change over to "Speed
Channel!" I've never liked NASCAR, and find the "pro wrestling" style of
fanfare and announcing embarassing, but I guess we're a minority. It WILL
become the all NASCAR Channel because F-1 doesn't interfere with the Sunday
race schedule. F-1 it goes off the air by 11am, leaving Fox plenty of time
to put NASCAR pre-race shows, BUSCH, ARCA, and whathaveyou on Speed Channel
!

When F-1 came up for American broadcast bids, no one bid on it except for
Speedvision. I bet Fox knew they were buying Speedvision, so not submitting
bids kept the price of F-1 down. Now they end up with the rights anyway for
very little money!

I'll still be getting up at 7am to watch the F-1 race, and flipping off my
TV after the race.

Tom Yang