Re: [Re: The big question]

To: JACranwell@cs.com, rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: The big question]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 7 Feb 2002 19:09:24 EST
New Jersey has been experimenting with that concept for at least 30 years.
Some cars drive on the right side of the road, while others, often in more of
a hurry drive on the left side of the road, or on the shoulder or down the
median.  Trucks simply drive wherever they want to.

New Jersey brags about the lowest auto fatality rate in the country.  However,
we also have the highest accident rate.  The reason is obvious, with all of
our traffic congestion we can never get going fast enough to hurt ourselves.

New York City could change over to RHD and no one would notice for years!
They would still be sitting in the same traffic jam.

Jan

JACranwell@cs.com wrote:
We're planning to change things, in keeping with European Harmonisation.

However, to meet Euro integration regulations, this must be phased in over a
two month settling in period. We will therefore begin in month one with the
trucks driving on the right, then follow in month two with the cars.

Julian.

England.