The other Series I

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: The other Series I
From: RSWiser@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:28:59 EST
Today I started cleaning up the my other Series I.  I bought it a few months
ago.  It have been sitting a a yard for many years.  I pulled the engine out
of the front seat.  I don't think it was original, I think the numbers cast
into the block started with 980
When I got it out, I noticed a large crack in the block so that is shot.

When I tried to open the doors, the would only open about 2" then they were
stuck.  I presume the years sitting in the field have seized the hinges.
Anyone got a good idea how to get them to open without bending the hinges.

Rob