PerTronix Ignitor New LU-142A sleeve

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: PerTronix Ignitor New LU-142A sleeve
From: "Ed Esslinger" <edstiger@snowhill.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:00:48 +0100
 Hi Alpiners - I have received the message below from PerTronix.  If you
have been waiting to buy an Ignitor, for your Alpine until the timing
problem is solved, you need wait no longer. I have tested the new magnet
ring for over 4000 miles without problems. Be aware that there may be old
stock out there and some dealers don't know, there is a timing problem with
the LU-142A kit. If you end up with a kit with the old magnet ring,( you
will know because it is too far advanced and cannot be retarded due to the
vacuum advance unit hitting the engine block) PerTronix will exchange it at
no cost.  Contact Rocky Sherer at rsherer@pertronix.com
to get a replacement ring.
   In my opinion this is the greatest improvement you can make to your
Alpine, for ignition reliability.  Regards  Ed

Ed,
Youre correct on both counts.  Our stock has all been switched over to the
new sleeve for several weeks now, however, many dealers will have old stock.
This kit is a good mover and any of our active customers will have flushed
out the previous sleeve very quickly.
Rocky

Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers
Deep South Rep TE/AE