Voltage Stabilizer

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage Stabilizer
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:51:37 -0500
I believe I have a faulty instrument stabilizer on the Imp. I think it
works the same as the type on Alpines where the gauges do not receive a
full 12 volts but instead current through the stabilizer drops the
voltage down to 10v and then into the gauges, in this case the temp and
fuel gauge. Both read high when in reality I know where they should be.
It appears as if in British cars a Lucas stabilizer is a voltage
stabilizer, no matter what make as they all pretty much work the same
way. Has anybody had any experience in these as I will need to purchase
one. Thanks Brent Kasl