Re: Rear Disc Brakes on Ford 4 Bolt Axle

To: <ellis838@concentric.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Disc Brakes on Ford 4 Bolt Axle
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:39:16 -0500
I have been in contact with the guy that is selling the weld on adaptors.
This is what I found:
The kit uses front brake parts from mid '80s Escorts, Tracers and Tempos
The bolt pattern has to be identical to the Ford 4 bolt
He runs them on circle track racing, does not need proportioning valve
He feels they can be adapted to the Alpine axle if the bolt circle is
correct, there is adequate clearance between the spring (there is) and the
backing plate and the axle bearing housing diameter is close to that of the
Ford.
Question- Is the Alpine bolt pattern identical to the Ford, or just close
enough for the aftermarket wheels?

The guys name is Bryan Wier, phone #406 748 4556.

He is a very friendly guy, seems to ship the brackets on phone order before
receiving payment and says returns are no problem if the brackets have not
been butchered.

Cost is $55, including shipping.

Bill