Re: Rear Disc Brakes on Ford 4 Bolt Axle

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Disc Brakes on Ford 4 Bolt Axle
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 20:27:02 -0400
Bill,
 Funny you should bring this up as I have been spending some time
looking into this. Seems the Tiger owners have a conversion kit
available [$600] that uses Audi 100 rotors and Fiat 124 calipers, the
kit has all the details worked out is a bolt on and does not require a
proportioning valve, for Tigers any way. I am not sure if the ends of
the Tiger rear axles are the same as Alpine [do the backing plates
interchange?] so am not sure if this kit will cross over to Alpines, but
the bolt pattern is the same so the rotors should work. Which would
leave making up caliper brackets and some kind of emergency brake. A
line lock has been coming to mind to over come that obstacle, and a
friend with a new plasma cutter for whittling out the brackets, now the
only thing left is finding the time to actually do it....  Jim