Head Gasket woes

To: "Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Gasket woes
From: "Cole Harvey" <ceharvey@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:23:31 -0700
Hi all,

My SII (with a SV motor) was showing all the signs of a blown head gasket,
so the pulled the head and sure enough the gasket was long gone.  I took a
good look at the head and block for damage or cracks and all looked good.
Today I have reassembled the car and after some test drives, it still seems
to be running too hot.  How likely is a SV engine to developed cracks in the
head or block?  Do the heads tend to warp?  Is 48ft-lb really the correct
torque for the new gasket from SS?  Any other Ideas on how this job could
have been botched?  (looks like buying a air compressor will have to wait).

Thanks in advance.

Cole