Re: Re: Alpine vs. Talbot

To: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Re: Alpine vs. Talbot
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:58:00 -0300
         Well, I have survived on the roads for the past 38 years with the
drophead coupe and can't remember when I have come close to having to
perform a performance manoeuvre, but I'm sure the 12" finned brake drums
(do the Series cars have drums this large?) will bring me to a pretty
secure stop in time if required. I also drive defensively, not
aggressively. BTW, the steering is 2.5 turns lock to lock which allows for
some precise handling if required. Of course it doesn't handle like a
sports car (they weigh 3,000 lbs, even the MK Alpines) but must they have
had some redeeming engineering features to be able to win or place in, I
believe 5 Alpine Rallies in the early to mid fifties and in the 4 door
sedans, sorry, saloons.

         Try one out sometime, if you can find one. You might just like it.

Later,
Bob