Subject: Re: Re: Re: Spark plug gap

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: Re: Re: Re: Spark plug gap
From: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:24:59 +1000
Hi all,

Surface gap plugs were standard for Mercury 50HP Blueband outboards, In my
boat I only ever replaced them once over 10years because of external
corrosion. I also had no trouble replacing them from Outbard Marine service
agents a few years ago. Considering the profusion of Mercury outboards,
maybe they are still available, I have no idea about temperature ratings of
the 2 stroke outboard plugs compared to ones suitable for a sunbeam.

Steve G