Aussies watch out!

To: <imps@egroups.com>, "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Aussies watch out!
From: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 08:54:43 +1000
I stopped last night at a BP service station to fill up my Peugeot and
discovered that they had stopped selling leaded fuel. This was a bit of a
shock to the system, since I thought it was going to be around until next
year.

I was half way through filling up when I realised that what they described
as "Super" was subtitled as lead replacement petrol.

I asked the spotty kid at the counter about it and he told me it's the same
fuel and they just changed the name! I think this translates as "I tell
customers any old BS if they'll just go away and leave me alone." I tried
the BP Australia website,  but all it tells me is what warm, cuddly, fuzzy
people BP really are. Don't any customers want to know technical stuff
anymore?!

>From what I hear from Britain, LRP isn't all it's cracked up to be. While
I'm out this morning I might look around and see if any aftermarket
additives are on sale yet.

So read the labels carefully before you fill up!

Russ Maddock
Sunbeams hit the Gold Coast in June 2001 - www.qld.sunbeam.org.au/national