[6pack] Lack of Symmetry

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Lack of Symmetry
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:53:53 -0700 (PDT)
My 6 was hit sometime in the DPO past.   Several small creases in the frame on
passenger side.  There were 5-6 shims on one side, none on the other, camber
wasn't correct.  The alignment shop said the frame fix would be difficult &
expensive, advised me to live with it as I don't put many miles on the car.  I
went home.

The tower cracked last year where the fulcrum pin bolts to the
frame. Messed up the inner fender as well.  Steering control had been
deteriorating, now it wasn't drivable. Mig welded it up tight & reinforced it,
took it to a well reputed shop that does both frame straightening & steering
alignment.   2.5 hours work by their senior guy for 4 wheel alignment, - all
is now well.

I count myself as lucky on this one.   Our cars are 33+ years
old.   This was my 4th fix on the frame in 11 years.  Of course a frame off
woulda been best.

Bruce Simms
Tired of
spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com