Re: [6pack] Lack of symmetry

To: Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>, 6pack List
Subject: Re: [6pack] Lack of symmetry
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 06:14:11 GMT
Kendall---I'm guessing that both front and rear tires stick out farther on the
passenger side? And not noticed when using the stock wheels.

Assuming that the shippers didn't send you two wheels with different offet,
you'll want to take off either both the front (or rear) tires and do some
measuring.
First, drive the car forward, so the wheels are pointed straight ahead. Then
drop a plumb line or something similar to where you can establish true vertical
from the outermost fender (lip) to the ground. Then measure in from to the
center of the
 spindle. Do the same with the other side of the car. If both sides are
reasonably the same, this should tell you something. If they're not, measure
from the spindle center to some easy to measure part of the frame. Do the same
with the other side. What might show up is whether the body is tweeked, or the
frame.

I'm betting they sent you two different sets of wheels!

Dick